Tuesday, June 16, 2009

3rd week



I am trying to play billa bowl, it's a cross b/w pool and bowling, you use a pool stick and try to knock down bowling pins, it even has a gutter!

I got a pizza last week, and guess what ‘side’ it came with? How about pickles. I went downtown, which is about a 30 minute bus ride from my place. Downtown is a big shopping district with a lot of people walking about, but cars sometimes drive down the roads. It is not very pedistrian friendly here. I’m not sure if there are any traffic rules. Cars do u turns at any point on the road, in intersections, on sidewalks, or just in the middle of the road. A Korean student at church told me that the police are a little lax because when you finish high school everyone has to go in the military, the Korean form of the peace corp, or in the police. So, people chose the police because I suppose it’s easier.

After church Sunday, some folks ate at Popeye’s and then went to PC room to play Star Craft, a computer game. We had about 8 people playing together, which makes it fun. It cost 1,000 W per hour, which came to about $2 for 2 hours. Pretty cheap deal.

I got a haircut this week which involved a typical haircut, then he whipped the hair off my face with a block of foam, which was rather hard. Then, a woman took me over and washed my hair at the sink. Then, she dried my hair by using her knuckles and she pounded my head with her fists or something. And so she combed my hair and place and off I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map