Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sunday

Sunday, Ben invited me to go to his church at the Domti subway stop, called Domshin Church. I asked some folks at a church a couple of buildings down from me. A girl told the bus driver to let me off at the subway. The bus driver told me when to get off, then I went down to the subway station. I asked a worker there which line to take to go to the church. I had a brochure with a little map on it, which made it easier for directions. I found the church, but I had arrived a tad bit early. The english service didn’t start til 2pm and I arrived at around 11am. So, walked around the neighborhood a bit. There was a Popeye’s chicken place and a Burger King. I wandered into an arcade, a bunch of teenage boys playing Tekken and the like.

I made my way back to the church and up 5 flights of stairs and people started asking me where I’m from and the even tougher question where do I live. I was satisfied that I made it there. I met a guy from Australian, girl from South Africa, and the usual American folks. Some of the teachers have been in Korea for 3 or 4 years. But, having thought ahead I took a picture of my bus stop so I could show people. It was in Korean no less. But when I told them how I came to church, they said I had to transfer subways lines to come. But I took the #2 bus and then went down to the subway and took the train to the stop. They could not understand how I made it without transferring lines. But, I will take it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map