Tuesday, May 19, 2009

packing


ok so I guess I jumped the gun just a week before I leave. But, I wanted to make sure all my stuff would fit, and it almost all fit in one duffel bag. But I decided to make use of the green canvas bag my uncle let me borrow. One of the best book titles by Robert A. Heinlein is "Have spacesuit will travel." That pretty much sums it up for me.
I started to read "Stranger in a strange land." It's a very telling title, since that will be me, except the book is about a Martian, well an Earthling that gets marooned on Mars.

Sunday, I talked to Tod _ and another not easily rememberable person, anyone they were talking about kimchi. And they made it, which is amazing in of itself. Kimchi is the Korean dish, with every meal. It's basically Cabbage that is covered in peppers and seasonings. Ok, so Tod used to live in Hawaii, which apparently Koreans are as well. He said you could get cheaper drinks in Korean bars than in normal ones. And so he frequented the Korean ones, picking up words and learned about Kimchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map