Monday, July 6, 2009

First baseball Game in Korea


Ok, so people from church and other friends met at Daegu station and and then we walked over the Citizens Stadium (baseball). The first thing I noticed is that there are 4 mascots outside of the stadium. I bought my ticket which cost 6,000 W, which is under $6. There was a row of vendors all selling chicken, fried chicken, chicken wings. It was kinda creepy because the vendors were shouting at us to buy their food and they held out bottled water and a box of chicken as we passed by to go into the gate. There were about 10 or so in our group, and we saved some seats down the first base line. So, they played a half inning and then started the bottom of the first and then the rains came. After an hour, they called the game. So, Christi, Elise, and I walked to Daegu Station and ate at Subway at the subway, yeah corny I know. Deagu station is a huge building about 5 stories, it has department stores, eating places, movie theaters, subway station, and train station.



On, Sunday we had communion at church, we had a piece of cake for the bread. So, a few of us decided to go the baseball game today since we missed out on yesterday. I sprinkled a bit, but did not rain, thank goodness. The fans chanted and sang the whole game. They would sing a cheer for the batter or just chant “Samsung Lion” (Daegu’s team). It was great fun. Oh, and one thing I have not seen before is a beer drinking contest…with women…with straws. I did not get a good picture of it, they were on the third base dugout area, I was on the first base side. The team had cheerleaders who danced and sometimes led cheers. But, a guy in baseball uniform was next to the cheerleaders, and he was leading cheers. The people in front of us started a cheer “Samsung Lions,” I guess you can tell who the foreignors are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map