Monday, July 27, 2009

Goodbye to a Maple Leaf

This week was interesting to say the least. I had the usual week I guess with some rowdy classes and having to exact “punishment.” But overall my classes are pretty tame. I am running out of material in some classes, we finished the book, so I am having to get material from other books so we can do something in class, instead of playing hangman or the word game. I went to Korean class on Saturday, which went well I suppose. I had planned on going to Daegu F.C. soccer game at World Cup stadium last Saturday, but I sorta took a nap and didn’t set my alarm. So, I want to go to some in August as there are 3 games on Saturdays.

Pastor Kim introduced the last 4 consonants, so now I just have to memorize them. Kim told us the story of a Korean missionary who went to a remote tribe in Africa. The tribe had a oral language, but not written. So, he taught them Korean writing, and the tribe wrote their language in Korean characters. Pretty amazing, huh? After class we went to birthday party at Outback for Karl, who incidentally is from New Zealand. I find that rather amusing, We went to a Australian restaurant for a guy from New Zealand.

Oh, I almost forgot, Tammy (a Canadian) who still says they do not say “aboot” in Canada, is leaving for the U.K. So, we had lunch at Italy and Italy on Sunday. After eating and socialing, some of us went downtown and played some arcades. After blasting aliens and undead people attacking us, we had some coffee. I have 3 days of work, then a 2 day school vacation Thursday and Friday. Not sure what I’m going to do, possibly amusement park or hiking to see some temples. I vote for the latter rather than the former. Because the latter is more amusing for picture taking than the former. And also, I don’t fare too well on rides at the former over the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map