Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Soccer this weekend

Ok, a week or so ago, I don’t remember right off. I went to the local U.S. army base here to meet Pete, a guy I know from church. He took me to the barber shop and I got a army style hair cut. It’s not too short, it has a little length on top. But, the base had regular people from America doing their thing. After my cut the lady then started to give me a “massage.” Pete warned me about this, he said some people said it hurts a little. She leaned me forward and grabbed both my wrists and pulled back. I could feel my muscles tightening up. Then she started beating on my back with her fists, she started on my shoulders and then moved over my spine and settled in over a nerve. Quite uncomfortable if I may say so. Then Pete drove to a building that had some restaurants including Taco Bell, Subway, and there was a drive thru Burger King in the base also. Drive thrus are not very common here. And I forgot to mention that the barber shop and food court had ESPN playing, it brought a little rush of home sickness.

Then on Saturday I went to Korean class at 11:30 am, then Christi and Sam and I went downtown going in a few shops and then ate at Papa John’s for lunch. I was surprised we had free refills on our coke pitcher. We then made our way to Sam’s house for bulgogi, traditional Korean food. Sam is a Korean friend I met at church. We all sat on the floor around a table and ate using chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map