Wednesday, August 5, 2009

School Vacation





I had a three day week last week. Tuesday, a friend came down and we watched Transformers at Cinus Theater in Chilgok. I have a new class at 2:55 now, well it started a couple of weeks ago Monday through Friday, but I have to be at work at 2pm, go figure. So, my friend and I bought our tickets, then went down to McDonald’s and had breakfast, it was about 9:30am. We took a little long eating or talking or something and we had to rush back to just catch the start of the movie. Then, we walked toward my apartment then I had to leave for work. Thursday and Friday were my days off, so on Thursday I went hiking with Vanessa from Oklahoma, she got the shaft from the bus driver, but found a taxi and made it to the mountain eventually. I hiked some, before I could not go much longer. It was really steep going, so I turned back and took the bus back to the city. I stopped downtown and had a double bacon cheeseburger at Burger King. Well, I say bacon, but is was more like Canadian bacon, ok HAM. Then, the next day I went with some folks to Woobang Tower Land, an amusement park in Daegu. They had roller coasters, bumper cars, arcades, and sweet squid. I managed one roller coaster, that was a very high drop. I think I would have lost my lunch, but I have not eaten yet. We walked up to the tower, up to about the 72nd floor, which has a panaramic view of the whole city. It was quite a vantage point.
On, my way home, well just after I got off my bus at my bus stop, my friend called. So, I went to my apartment to ‘freshen up’ and then got back on the bus. I met Christie at the Outback and we ate at Kraze Burger. Other than the gross misspelling of “omelette” on the wall, it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map


View korea in a larger map